Update: A winner has been selected for this contest.
The Ultimate Social Media Detox
TikTok is one of the fastest-growing (and addicting) social media platforms in existence. According to recent statistics, the platform has over 680 million users worldwide and the average user spends upwards of 50 minutes on TikTok every day. Users can’t tear themselves away from the app’s tempting content — everything from dance videos and ’90s fashion hauls to cooking tutorials and skincare routines. This level of addiction prompts the question: what could active TikTok users be doing in the hours they spend scrolling?
In the spirit of ditching the screens this summer, Shane Co. is proposing the ultimate social media detox. We’ll pay a lucky contest winner $1,000 to give up TikTok for three long and grueling months. The winner will report back on their experiences with the TikTok sacrifice and tell us how they spent their time (connecting with loved ones, learning a new skill, or doing other activities) in the hours they would be staring at their phones. Psst! Before you start your detox, follow us @shane_company to see what Shane Co. is up to on TikTok.
Who We’re Looking For
Entrants must be highly active TikTok users. Entrants will verify their TikTok usage by providing their TikTok username and average daily screen time on the app in the contest entry form below. Step-by-step instructions for how to collect this data are included in the entry form. Users can be either content creators or spectators. You don’t need to produce TikTok videos to be eligible, but you do need to prove you use the app regularly via your screen time stats.
A winner will not be chosen based on their TikTok screen time stats, but based on how passionate they are about the app. Entrants’ level of enthusiasm for TikTok will be a strong factor of consideration, so don’t hold back! In the entry form below, tell us why you love TikTok and how you would spend your time during the three-month TikTok detox. Would you take a pottery class, learn to play guitar, or start investing in Bitcoin? Whatever it may be, we want to know!
If selected for the job, the winner will be required to send monthly progress updates to Shane Co. during the three-month detox via email. Progress updates should include a photo, a brief description of what you’ve been doing during the detox, and how hard (or easy) it’s been to give up TikTok.
Entrants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply. Disregarding any of these requirements is grounds for immediate disqualification.
How to Enter
To enter the contest, read the terms and conditions below. Click the link below and fill out the entry form. There you’ll be asked to submit your pitch for why you’re the best fit for a TikTok detox. You’ll also be required to submit your TikTok username and average screen time on the app. Step-by-step instructions for how to collect this data are included in the entry form. You must fill out all required fields, including your name and email, so that we can notify the winner once one has been selected.
Any entrants who do not complete the entry form below will not have an official entry into the contest.
The deadline for contest entries is Friday, June 24th. Entrants will need to submit their applications by that date to be considered. After this date, no further entries to the contest will be permitted.
What You’ll Get
The winner will be selected and notified by Friday, July 8th, and will receive a $1,000 payment.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Company whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112.
- Employees of Shane Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by submitting their contest pitch, TikTok username, and average daily screen time (in minutes) on the TikTok app, located within the screen time section of their smartphone settings. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Company can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be Friday, June 24th. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Company. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Shane Company. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Shane Company will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 2203 Uravan Street, Aurora, CO 80011
- Shane Company’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.