If you’re looking for diamond engagement rings, halo styles are an elegant way to add more sparkle to her look. Halos are smaller diamonds that encircle the center stone on her ring. Halos can outline any of the different diamond shapes:
- Emerald: This cut is more traditional, featuring a rectangular shape and cut corners.
- Cushion: The cushion features a rounded square shape and gained popularity in the 19th century—a great option if you’re looking for vintage engagement rings.
- Marquise: This diamond shape is elongated, which helps the diamond look bigger.
- Pear: Also known as a tear drop diamond, this cut is a combination of a marquise and round cut, featuring a tapered point at one end.
- Oval: This shape of diamond is similar to the round cut, but can provide the illusion of larger size.
- Princess: The princess cut features the sparkle of a round cut but is square in shape. With terracing seen on emerald cuts, the princess cut is one of the most popular shapes found in engagement rings for women.
- Round: This cut is by far the most popular. Its symmetrical shape offers captivating brilliance and can often be found on classic engagement rings.