The team at Shane Co. loves a good romantic comedy, and the best ones (in our opinion) are from the ’90s. There is just something about a sappy love story that gets us all in our feels.
How does a Friday night snuggled up on your couch with a box of chocolate and a bag of popcorn, watching an old ’90s rom-com sound to you? If this sounds appealing, we want you to apply! Apply to feel all the feels by binge-watching and comparing some of our all-time favorite ’90s rom-coms. We’re enlisting someone to binge-watch 10 movies and compare the love stories, the breakups, and more for $1,000.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a hopeless romantic to watch 10 romantic comedies from the ’90s. In addition to watching the movies, you will be asked to take notes and track specific details in each of the movies.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A true obsession with romantic comedies
- A love for all things cinematic
- The ability and availability to binge-watch 10 movies in a short period of time
Additionally, applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO DO
We’ve narrowed the list of ’90s rom-coms to 10 that you’ll be asked to binge-watch over one month’s time:
- Pretty Woman
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Never Been Kissed
- There’s Something About Mary
- Sleepless in Seattle
- My Best Friend’s Wedding
- You’ve Got Mail
- Runaway Bride
- Notting Hill
You’ll receive a separate worksheet to complete for each movie as you watch. All movies will need to be watched and all worksheets will need to be completed by Monday, December 27, 2021.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
In addition to the $1,000 payment, we’ll provide a $50 Amazon gift card to rent the movies on the list.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the application below and tell us why you’re the perfect person for this job. Applicants’ level of love for rom-coms will be a strong factor for consideration, so don’t hold back! Tell us why you love love so much. The deadline for submissions is Monday, November 22, 2021. We’ll select and notify the winner by Monday, December 6, 2021.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Company whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112.
- Employees of Shane Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Shane Company’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Company can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be Monday, November 22, 2021. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Company. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Shane Company. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Shane Company will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112
- Shane Company’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.