Shane Co. found a romantic reality show fanatic that took on the binge-watch job role! Congratulations to Emily Laird for winning $1,000 to binge-watch reality love TV shows, including “The Bachelorette” and “Married at First Sight.” Emily’s emotional answers about these shows helping her to unwind after a long day with kids while her husband was in Iraq really left us no choice but to select her as the winner of the contest. Check out her bio and winning submission below!
The Winning Binge-watcher — Emily Laird
Emily Laird is a lawyer who has dabbled in fiction writing and background investigations. She has traveled the world with her husband and three kids, and has loved the chance to call Jordan, Hungary, and Malaysia home. Outside of work, Emily can be found torturing her family with her favorite ballad-heavy show tunes playlist.
The Winner’s Submission
Tell us why we should pick you to binge-watch reality love TV shows.
Romantic reality shows were my savior when my husband was posted in Iraq for a year. I’d tuck my three kids into bed, exhausted by a long day of working and caring for them, grab a bevvie, then switch on romantic reality TV shows. Watching these love stories provided such an escape at the end of a long day. The dramatic family objections! The too-sweet moments when strangers fall in love! The shocking moments when it all goes wrong! The dumb (or sweet) things people say! I love it all. My husband is back safe and sound, and my load juggling kids and work is not quite as heavy, but I still love to escape for a little bit at the end of each night by watching strangers fall in (and out of) love. Please pick me!
If you could be a contestant on a love reality TV show, which one would you pick and why?
The Bachelorette — the power to choose my best match would be in my hands!
Let’s face it, we all enjoy a few reality TV shows here and there, but the ones that surround the subject of love are really attention-grabbing. By now, at least someone you know has suggested you watch a reality love TV show that soon makes its rounds in pop culture news. From the good “chats” and finding your type on paper on Love Island, to who’s marrying and who’s moving on in “The Ultimatum”, the drama is just too good to turn a blind eye. What better way to spend a Friday night than at home in your PJs with a glass of wine and a bowl of popcorn, binge-watching a reality TV show? And guess what? You can get paid for it!
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a lover of reality TV love shows who has an attention to detail and enthusiasm for meeting deadlines. The winner will choose three shows from the following list to watch one entire season of and answer questions that we provide.
- The Bachelorette
- Love Island
- The Ultimatum
- Love on the Spectrum
- Married at First Sight
- Watch one season for each of the three love reality TV shows selected from the list above
- Answer the questions provided regarding the shows
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply
Disregarding any of these requirements is grounds for immediate disqualification.
How to Apply
To apply, you must read the terms and conditions below and then fill out the entry form below, where you’ll be asked to submit your reason for being the ultimate candidate to binge-watch these love reality TV shows. You must also fill out the required fields, like your name and email, so that we can notify the winner once one has been selected.
Any applicants who do not complete the entry form below will not have an official entry into the candidate pool.
The deadline for contest entries is 07/18/2022. Applicants will need to submit their applications by that date to be considered. After this date, no further applications will be permitted.
What You’ll Get
Winners will receive a $1,000 check. Additionally, you can expect a $25 gift card that can be used to purchase the seasons on Amazon Prime.
The winner will be announced on 08/01/2022, and will receive a $1,000 payment.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Company whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112.
- Employees of Shane Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Shane Company’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Company can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be (Monday), July 18th, 2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Company. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Shane Company. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Shane Company will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO
- Shane Company’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.