We are pleased to share that we found the perfect person for the task. Congratulations to Meghan for securing the opportunity! Read more about Meghan and how she won us over below.
Meghan lives in Sacramento, California, with her best friend and their three beautiful cats. She works as a Marketing and Creative Services Coordinator where she brings nutrition education to life through creative design and content curation. Meghan has many passions but she particularly loves music and live shows, film and photography, and skateboarding. She is everyone’s favorite Pisces and can connect with almost anyone she meets, enriching lives one happy hour at a time.
We are excited to share this journey with Meghan and can’t wait to hear all about her dates!
Preparing for a first date is always an exciting and nerve-racking process. We know it takes a lot of courage to put your heart on the line and take a chance on someone new. On the other hand, it could be the beginning of many beautiful moments to come. Practice makes perfect, especially when it comes to first dates. That’s why we want to give you a helping hand in shaking off those first-date nerves and making more magical moments happen.
Just in time for cuffing season, we want to pay someone $1,500 to go on 15 first dates. The selected winner would be required to find the dates (via a dating app or another avenue) and document their journey, then report back on their experience. Who knows, maybe the winner will find their person throughout their journey and seal the deal with a Shane Co. engagement ring!
What We’re Looking For
The applicants we’re looking for must be single and ready to mingle (that’s right, cheaters never win, and winners never cheat). If you’re selected, you’ll be asked to simply secure 15 dates with 15 different partners over the course of five months. The winner may find potential partners in person, via dating apps, on blind dates, at bullfighting competitions, or any other method of meeting. Dates don’t necessarily have to be strangers, but they must be 15 different people.
First-date locations can include anything from candlelit dinners to a coffee shop rendezvous. All you have to do is document each date by taking a photo during the outing and filling out a brief worksheet about your experience. Don’t worry if you hit it off with one of your dates; second dates are strongly encouraged! They just don’t go toward your final count.
Jokes aside, we encourage the winner to review safety precautions before attending any dates. The safety of all participants is our top priority, so be sure to catch up on best practices before entering our contest. We encourage the winner to plan their dates in public places and enact buddy systems and backup plans so they’re adequately prepared for any situation.
- Applicants must be single.
- Winner must be willing and able to secure 15 dates with 15 different partners over the course of five months.
- Your dates do not have to be strangers, but they must be 15 different people.
- The winner will be required to take a photo to document each of the 15 dates and fill out a brief worksheet outlining their experience.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Disregarding any of these requirements is grounds for immediate disqualification.
How to Apply
To apply, you must complete the form below, where you’ll be asked to answer a few brief questions. You must also fill out the required fields, like your name and email, so that we can notify the winner once one has been selected.
Any applicants who do not complete the entry form by following the below link will not have an official entry into the candidate pool.
The deadline for contest entries is February 10th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST. Applicants will need to submit their applications by that date to be considered. After this date, no further applications to the job posting will be permitted.
What You’ll Get
The winner will be announced on February 27th, 2023, and will receive a $1,500 payment.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Company whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Centennial, CO 80112.
- Employees of Shane Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Shane Company’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Company can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be 2/10/23 at 11:59 PM EST. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Company. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Shane Company. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the prize of $1,500.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Shane Company will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Centennial, CO
- Shane Company’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.