Shane Co. found a true romance fanatic that took on the binge-watch job role! Congratulations to Alicia Winzeler for winning $1,000 to binge-watch Nicholas Sparks movies, including “The Notebook” and “Dear John.” Alicia’s emotional answers to our questions really left us with no other choice than to select her as the winner of the contest. Check out her bio and winning submission below!
The Winning Binge-watcher – Alicia Winzeler
Alicia, sometimes known by her nickname of Northern Belle, was born and raised in Michigan but her heart is truly in a southern state of mind. She’s been reading novels by Nicholas Sparks since she was 15 years old and his great work shaped her life in more ways than she could have ever imagined. Her vacations, marriage, life lessons, and personal growth have stemmed from his stories. Till the day that she can call the south her home, she’ll visit it any chance she can through his books and movies!
The Winner’s Submission
Tell us why we should pick you to binge-watch Nicholas Sparks movies.
So in order for me to explain this, I’m gonna have to write my own novel, but I have been a long-time fan of Nicholas Sparks and his books since I was 15 years old. His books and also movies have helped me in my own marriage now of seven years to learn that life has its obstacles and not every ending is a fairytale ending and that’s ok. We can’t always get the happy ending that we want. His books and their settings have also inspired me on many of my vacations to North Carolina & South Carolina. I’ve had the pleasure of traveling to a lot of places where the movies & books take place. I realized that my love for his work runs deeper than I thought and after feeling so lost for many years – traveling to the places where his books are based, it finally clicked and I am now making my own way to eventually start my life in Wilmington, North Carolina. I had no idea the adventures, the life lessons, and the path that these books and this author would take me on but I am so glad for them because of them I have found my way in life. Choosing me would literally just signify to me that this author and his great work were meant to fall into my life.
If you could live out the love story in any Nicholas Sparks movie, which would it be and why?
Safe haven. I’ve been to Southport and all of the filming locations for this movie, but what I really love about this particular one is that Katie/Erin wasn’t afraid to start over with her life. Especially when she had absolutely nothing. The idea of just hopping on a Greyhound bus and getting off in a small quaint coastal town to start one’s life over just sounds like an absolute dream to me. Her story of domestic violence and abuse is one that I know all too well because I grew up with parents that had the same issue. I wish so badly that my mother would’ve just packed us kids up and had that kind of strength. I love that in her attempt to start over she finds a family that actually needs her and a town that loves and accepts her as family too. To me, this work was more than just finding a person to love, but finding a way for her to love herself through the experiences and trauma that brought her to that place & finding a new home.
Do you often compare yourself and your partner to Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling in “The Notebook”? Have you watched “Dear John” more times than you’d care to admit? If you answered yes to either (or both) of these questions, Shane Co. has a contest for you!
We’re looking for someone to watch 10 Nicholas Sparks movies and answer some questions about each for $1,000! This can all be done from the comfort of your own home, and of course the movie rentals are on us too.
Who We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidate LOVES Nicholas Sparks movies and can binge-watch a lot of movies in a short period of time.
What You’ll Need to Do
The contest winner will not only have to watch 10 Nicholas Sparks movies but fill out a worksheet for each of them. This all needs to be completed by April 11, 2022. The 10 movies are:
- “Message in a Bottle”
- “A Walk to Remember”
- “The Notebook”
- “Nights in Rodanthe”
- “Dear John”
- “The Last Song”
- “Safe Haven”
- “The Best of Me”
- “The Longest Ride”
- “The Choice”
What You’ll Receive
A $1,000 check. Additionally, you can expect a $50 Amazon gift card that can be used to rent the movies on the list.
How to Apply
Read the terms and conditions and fill out the application below to apply. Remember, your level of obsession with Nicholas Sparks movies is the strongest factor for consideration! The deadline to apply is March 7, 2022, and the winner will be notified by March 21, 2022.
Contest Terms & Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Company whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112.
- Employees of Shane Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Shane Company’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Company can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be Monday, March 7th, 2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Company. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Shane Company. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Shane Company will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO
- Shane Company’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.