Shane Co. found a Disney Halloween movie fanatic that took on the binge-watch job role! Congratulations to Chris Jacobi for winning $1,000 to binge-watch Disney Halloween Movies. The emotional answers about how Chris and his family have bonded over their love for all things Disney following his wife’s battle with breast cancer really left us no choice but to select him as the winner of the contest. Check out his bio and winning submission below!
The Winning Binge-watcher – Chris Jacobi
Chris is a 43-year-old who has been happily married to his wife, Angela, for nearly 20 years. They have two sons; Carter age 15 and Deklan age 11. Most of their time outside of work is spent getting their boys to their sports and musical theater activities. In the family’s free time they enjoy watching movies and shows on Disney+ as well as visiting the four Disney parks in Orlando, FL.
The Winner’s Submission
Tell us why we should pick you to binge-watch Disney Halloween movies.
My family is the definition of Disney fanatics. We moved from Indiana to Orlando, FL in 2020 after my wife survived her battle with breast cancer. Going through something so difficult gave us a new perspective on just how precious our time is that we get to spend together. We wanted to focus our time on making memories with our two boys before they are grown up. The Disney parks have been our family’s “happy place” for a long time. After relocating to Orlando, we have been able visit the parks multiple times per month!
We have been Disney+ subscribers since day one and have enjoyed each new movie and series together as a family. Our boys are pre-teen and teenagers now, so it is not always easy to find things that we are all interested in doing together. Disney is something that brings our family together and helps us make memories that will last a lifetime. If selected, we would watch the ten Disney movies together as a family and use this special occasion to make another memory together. Even if we are not selected, I love the idea of watching 10 Disney movies together leading up to Halloween! Thanks for your consideration!
What is your favorite Halloween movie and why?
Our favorite Halloween movie is Coco. It is a movie that we could watch together even when our boys were younger that wouldn’t scare them too much! The music and culture shared in Coco are amazing. We loved the theme of the movie and how it is focused on family, especially our loved ones who are no longer with us physically, but they live on with us in our memories.
Are you a lover of all things horror and Halloween? Do you happen to be a Disney diehard with a penchant for the spooky and supernatural? The two sound like an unlikely pairing, but that hasn’t stopped Disney from dabbling in the paranormal and serving up scares and laughs in the process. From Edward Scissorhands to Twitches, there’s a slew of seasonal movies that aren’t just for kids.
Whether you’re a Disney veteran or new to the magic kingdom, we will pay one person $1,000 to binge-watch 10 of Disney’s darker classics. Make it a date night and curl up with a special someone for a Halloween movie marathon, Disney style! Shane Co. will provide a $50 Amazon gift card that can be used to purchase a Disney+ subscription along with any movies that aren’t available on the streaming platform.
These Disney tales will take you to hair-raising destinations like the Land of the Dead (Coco) and Halloween Town (The Nightmare Before Christmas). Scary movies are a hall-of-fame date-night destination, but for couples who want something a little less terrifying, we have a special movie marathon waiting for you.
What We’re Looking For
Applicants can be Disney diehards or fans of scary (but not too scary) Halloween movies. We’re looking for one special fan to binge-watch 10 of these wholesome horror movies this spooky season. Films include the Halloweentown saga (Halloweentown, Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge, Halloweentown High, and Return to Halloweentown), along with other seasonal favorites like Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire and The Haunted Mansion. Or maybe you have your calendar marked for the release of Hocus Pocus 2, scheduled just in time for a bewitching time of year!
You can either go it alone or find a partner to dive into a night of spooky Disney flicks. It’s okay to call for backup if you scare easily, as long as you answer our questionnaire afterward without any help!
Think you can handle it? Enter if you dare.
Disney Halloween Movies to Choose From:
- Hocus Pocus
- Hocus Pocus 2
- Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge
- Halloweentown High
- Return to Halloweentown
- Twitches Too
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Haunted Mansion
- Under Wraps
- Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire
- Edward Scissorhands
- Escape to Witch Mountain
- Phantom of the Megaplex
- The Scream Team
- Zombies 2
- Watch any 10 movies from the Disney Halloween movie list above
- Answer questions provided about each movie
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply
Disregarding any of these requirements is grounds for immediate disqualification.
How to Apply
To apply, you MUST FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW to the entry form, where you’ll be asked to tell us why you should be selected for this binge-watch, and which Halloween movie is your favorite. You must also fill out the required fields, like your name and email, so that we can notify the winner once one has been selected.
Any applicants who do not complete the entry form below will not have an official entry into the candidate pool.
The deadline for contest entries is November 1, 2022. Applicants will need to submit their applications by that date to be considered. After this date, no further applications to the job posting will be permitted.
What You’ll Get
The winner will be announced on (Monday) November 14, 2022, and will receive a $1,000 payment.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Company whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO, 80112.
- Employees of Shane Company or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on Shane Company’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Company can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be 11/1/2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Company. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by Shane Company. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Shane Company will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO
- Shane Company’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Not much of a scary movie fan? Try browsing our vintage engagement rings to envision the perfect Disney wedding instead.