We’re pleased to announce that Aracely Borja has been named the winner of this contest. Read more about her below:
Aracely Borja (she/her) is a UC Berkeley alumna with a degree in Media Studies and a minor in Journalism. She currently works in the fashion industry as a visual specialist with hopes to someday create her own brand. In her free time, she loves spending quality time with her friends & family, traveling, binge-watching tv shows, and indulging in art, fashion, and media!
Here’s her winning submission that won us over:
You should pick me because I am a gal pal in real life! I strongly believe that my gal pals make up some of, if not the, most valuable relationships in my life. When I can’t go to anyone else about something, I know I can count on my girls to offer an open ear and heart — and they know they can expect the same from me. I love watching gal pal movies because they show these important and essential relationships to the world! There are a few movies on the list that I haven’t seen yet and am excited to add to my watchlist! My ideal Galentine’s Day would be a picnic on the beach with my gals, a few snacks, and some painting supplies! Then grabbing something for dinner and heading back to one of our homes to spend the rest of the night watching movies.
As soon as February rolls around, it’s hard not to feel all the love in the air, with Valentine’s Day just around the corner. Valentine’s Day is a special day when couples can celebrate their love and be vulnerable with one another, but the first two weeks of February can be challenging to get through because of all the excitement that builds up leading into the big day. Thankfully, Galentine’s Day gives us a way to blow off steam before our chariots arrive and sweep us off our feet on the 14th.
For the uninitiated, Galentine’s Day is the day before Valentine’s Day, when you can laugh, gab, watch your fave chick flicks, and celebrate with the besties who’ve made you who you are. Before your big date on Valentine’s Day, spend time with the ones who lift you up when you are down and celebrate your accomplishments. A lady’s bestie knows them in and out and stands by her side through every milestone of life: engagements, weddings, first baby, and so on — this day is for them.
In this contest, Shane Co. will pay you to watch movies that encompass all things girl besties. If you love movies and strong leading ladies, now’s your chance to earn $1,000 for just watching movies like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Clueless, Steel Magnolias, and more!
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for one lucky lady (or lad) to curl up on the couch in their PJs, grab a bag of popcorn, and watch 10 of our all-time favorite gal pal movies. Of course, feel free to grab some of your besties and enjoy gossiping between films together! You can get paid to hang out with your besties and enjoy some great movies. What’s not to love about that?
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Overall enthusiasm for gal pal movies
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to watch 10 movies within two weeks after selection
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply
Disregarding any of these requirements is grounds for immediate disqualification.
The 10 movies they’ll be required to watch are:
- Sex and the City
- Thelma and Louise
- Bride Wars
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- Princess Diaries
- The First Wives Club
- A League of Their Own
- Baby Mama
- Steel Magnolias
How to Apply
To apply, you MUST FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW, where you’ll be asked to tell us why you should be selected. You must also fill out the required fields, like your name and email, so that we can notify the winner once one has been selected.
Any applicants who do not complete the entry form by following the below link will not have an official entry into the candidate pool.
The deadline for contest entries is February 15, 2023. Applicants will need to submit their applications by that date to be considered. After this date, no further applications to the job posting will be permitted.
What You’ll Get
The winner will be announced on March 1, 2023, and will receive a $1,000 payment. They will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card that can be used to rent the movies on the list.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Shane Co., whose principal office is located at 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO 80112.
- Employees of Shane Co., their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.shaneco.com. Individuals may enter to win by filling out the form on Shane Co.’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that Shane Co. can notify the winner of the results.
- The closing date for entry will be February 15, 2023. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of Shane Co.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 15 business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- We will attempt to reach out to up to 3 winners. If the top 3 winners cannot be contacted, we reserve the right to terminate the contest.
- Shane Co. will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and video in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 9790 E Arapahoe Rd, Greenwood Village, CO 80112
- Shane Co.’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.