Top 15 Places in America to Pop the Question for Christmas
DENVER, COLORADO – [December 8, 2015] – Shane Co., the largest family-owned jeweler in the United States, today announced the top 15 places in America to get engaged, just in time for thousands of Christmas and New Year's Eve marriage proposals. "Our customers put so much thought into finding the perfect engagement ring for their future spouse, and they often come to us for help to ensure the proposal is just as amazing," said Shane Co. founder and CEO Tom Shane. "My hope is that this will give anyone thinking of popping the question a head start with planning, without any of the stress."
Shane Co.'s List of Cities Includes Unique Places for Art Lovers, Skiers and Foodies
1. St. Louis: Take your beloved to the top of the Gateway Arch for a spectacular view, or ask for her hand in marriage with a modern diamond engagement ring at the Laumeier Sculpture Park, the perfect setting for art lovers.
2. San Francisco: One of the most stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge is from Vista Point in Sausalito, and will be all the more memorable with a one-carat emerald cut halo engagement ring. The historic cable car is a symbolic way to mark the beginning of your journey of forever. Just be careful to wait until the trolley is at a complete stop before taking the ring out of the box and putting it on your beloved's finger.
3. Atlanta: This charming city offers a variety of proposal options for the sports enthusiast, from the Fountain of Rings at Centennial Olympic Park to the College Football Hall of Fame. If your significant other is a true Southern belle, surprise her with a romantic vintage engagement ring on the porch of the Margaret Mitchell House, where the author wrote "Gone with the Wind."
4. Denver: A chilly winter night is perfect for arriving at the historic Union Station via train. Pop the question with a vintage-inspired oval three-stone diamond engagement ring at the swank Cooper Lounge overlooking 17th Street, or get a little help from Santa in the Great Hall. Another romantic idea is to pop the question at Skyline Park's outdoor skating rink in downtown Denver.
5. Indianapolis: This city famous for the Indy 500 and the Colts is also home to the world-famous LOVE sculpture, located in front of the Indianapolis Museum of Art. This landmark was recently voted by USA Today readers as the Best Place to Propose in America. If your idea of a perfect proposal includes dinner and Champagne, make reservations at The Eagle's Nest. This spectacular restaurant offers gourmet entrees, divine desserts and a 360-degree rotating view of the city below.
6. Seattle: If your first date was at a Starbucks in your hometown, consider surprising the love of your life with a diamond engagement ring at the original 1st and pike location. the perfect beverage for your toast as a newly engaged couple? venti chestnut praline lattes, of course! locals and tourists also choose the space needle observation deck for stunning views of the emerald city, elliott bay and mt. rainier. if rain dampers your plans, head into the skycity restaurant for drinks during lunch or dinner hours.
7. Salt Lake City: Make reservations at Log Haven, one of the most romantic restaurants in Utah. Begin your evening with shared plates of tuna tartare and juniper smoked elk carpaccio, then feast on seared scallops and blackened bison. The ultimate surprise will be the coconut banana soufflé served with a cushion cut halo engagement ring on the side.
8. Phoenix: If you're fans of the Phoenix area's breathtaking desert landscape, look no further than the Desert Botanical Garden for your big night. Start with a stroll through a trail featuring glowing luminarias and twinkly Christmas lights while enjoying some hot cider before you slow down to ask the big question. Bonus: the Garden even has a "Will You Marry Me?" sign available to rent, along with a bottle of sparkling wine to start your celebration.
9. Nashville: Make your way to the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge to take in a gorgeous view of downtown Nashville before you get down on one knee. Or spend the weekend at the palatial Gaylord Opryland Resort enjoying some R&R and the dazzling Christmas decorations, then cap things off by presenting a dazzling diamond ring in the resort's gardens or one of its many restaurants.
10. Kansas City: Kansas City is known as "The City of Fountains" due to its abundance of water features (second only to Rome), so what better place to propose than at one of the city's most beautiful landmarks? After a fun night at Country Club Plaza, take your fianceé-to-be to the J.C. Memorial Fountain while it's all lit up for a spectacular proposal setting.
11. Sacramento: Pop the question at Frasinetti's, Sacramento's oldest winery and one of this city's beloved hidden gems. Enlist the help of one of the family members and tie the engagement ring to a glass of their famous pomegranate fruit wine as part of your tasting flight. Another unique setting, especially ideal at sunset, is the Tower Bridge, painted gold as a nod to the gold rush days.
12. Louisville: Imagine her surprise when you drop to bended knee inside the luxurious lobby of The Brown Hotel and ask her to marry you with this one-of-a-kind ring: a 4.26-carat emerald cut Kentucky blue sapphire and diamond engagement ring! The Gardencourt Estate, built in 1906, is also a lovely place for a romantic proposal.
13. Portland: Dog lovers in Portland may want to include Fido in the surprise proposal. Take a stroll around Waterfront Park and discreetly add a tag to your dog's collar with the inscription "Will you marry me?" After your significant other says "yes," check into your romantic room at the dog-friendly and ultra-hip Hotel Monaco.
14. St. Paul/Minneapolis: The Basilica of Saint Mary is a magnificent place to pop the question in December, especially during the concert performance of Handel's "Messiah." A Christmastime proposal at the fabulous American Swedish Institute is another spectacular setting.
15. New York City: A list of places to propose in America wouldn't be complete without Manhattan, the setting of famous romantic scenes in "Sleepless in Seattle," "When Harry Met Sally," "It Could Happen to You," "Serendipity" and, of course, "The Proposal." The Empire State Building is one of the best places in the world to ask the love of your life to marry you, but don't overlook the charm of a horse-drawn carriage in Central Park for a truly magical winter proposal.
DENVER, COLORADO – [December 8, 2015] – Shane Co., the largest family-owned jeweler in the United States, today announced the top 15 places in America to get engaged, just in time for thousands of Christmas and New Year's Eve marriage proposals.
"Our customers put so much thought into finding the perfect engagement ring for their future spouse, and they often come to us for help to ensure the proposal is just as amazing," said Shane Co. founder and CEO Tom Shane. "My hope is that this will give anyone thinking of popping the question a head start with planning, without any of the stress."