Free Lifetime Warranty
We've got your back. For free. For life.
We make quality that lasts a lifetime and stand behind the quality for life. That’s been the Shane family’s promise for four generations, and it’s why we give you a Free Lifetime Warranty. Our warranty is often imitated, but never duplicated. It is so comprehensive that it even covers the center diamond in engagement rings. No other jeweler offers this level of protection and peace of mind.
What's free for life:
• Free Maintenance/Repair Work* • Free Resizing* • Free Cleaning and Polishing* • Free Inspections* • Free Lost Stone Replacement* *To keep your Lifetime Warranty active, please visit us for a cleaning and inspection approximately every 6 months. We will inspect, clean, polish and maintain your jewelry for free for as long as you own it. Cleaning ensures that your fine jewelry is always looking exceptional and inspection ensures your jewelry is protected and ready for everyday wear.
• All-metal jewelry made entirely of gold, platinum or silver • All merchandise made of gold platinum or silver that contains diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and semiprecious gemstones • All merchandise containing cultured pearls • All wedding bands made of cobalt, titanium, zirconium, meteorite, and Damascus steel
When family heirlooms purchased from Shane Co. are passed along within a family, the jewelry continues to be guaranteed under the warranty under the standard guidelines.
• Lost, stolen or abused jewelry • Jewelry that can't be reworked to look like new (like stainless steel) • Free resizing of rings made with metals that can't be resized, like cobalt, titanium, zirconium, meteorite, and Damascus steel
If your Shane Co. jewelry is stolen, and you provide a police report describing the stolen jewelry, you will be able to purchase replacement jewelry at a discount. We have no desire to profit from your loss.
We recommend that you insure your jewelry against theft and total loss. If your insurance agency would prefer an appraisal on their own form, please bring in their form, the appraisal and the article of jewelry. We will be glad to complete their form free of charge.
Merchandise will not be guaranteed if it has been abused or worn out of expectations for normal, everyday wear. Examples include garbage disposal mishaps and accidental run-ins with your car tire and driveway.
Jewelry not capable of being reworked to look like new is not eligible for our Lifetime Warranty. This includes non-precious materials and metals, like leather, rubber, stainless steel, carbon fiber and tungsten.
We do guarantee titanium and cobalt wedding bands for life like any other wedding band. However, due to the tremendous strength and hardness of these metals, they cannot be resized.
In the event a gemstone is lost from your jewelry due to normal wear and tear, we will replace that stone as long as your warranty is valid showing cleaning and inspection records in approximately the last 6 months. This includes smaller, accent diamonds as well as a center stone replacement.
Lifetime warranties are nontransferable to a third party unless gifted within a family.
Simply Free Cleaning and Inspection
• Unlimited free cleanings and inspections to maintain your warranty • Always at your convenience and done while you wait
To keep your lifetime warranty active, please visit for a cleaning and inspection approximately every 6 months. You are welcome to bring your Shane Co. jewelry to any of our showrooms or ship it to our Service Center at any time for inspection, cleaning, or any other maintenance it may need.
Upon your request for a cleaning and inspection, a Shane Co. professional will clean your merchandise using an ultrasonic cleaner (when appropriate) which contains a chemical cleaning solution, a steamer, and/or polishing cloth. Feel free to watch this process through the window of the cleaning and inspection station. Next, your merchandise will be professionally inspected, and your visit will be recorded in our system. Depending on the result of your inspection, a recommendation for maintenance or repair may be made, which will require additional time in the shop.
A cleaning and inspection approximately every 6 months is required to ensure preventative maintenance is performed at the appropriate time. Also, a cleaning ensures your merchandise is always presented at its best as you wear it.
Our free warranty cleaning and inspection service is available every day we are open. For the fastest service we recommend bringing your jewelry in Monday through Thursday.
Ship it to us
If you are unable to visit a Shane Co. showroom, you may have your jewelry cleaned, inspected, and serviced if necessary by mailing it to the Shane Co. Service Center at:
c/o Brinks Incorporated
2203 Uravan Street
Aurora, CO 80011
Please note that due to the holiday, service times may be longer than normal.
Directions for Mailing:
• Print and complete the service authorization form. • Package your item, and if you have a copy of the certified appraisal, please include it. • Mail your package via United States Postal Service Certified Mail, Insured, with Return Receipt Requested. Insure it for the certified appraisal amount. • We will pay for return shipping.
We will carefully inspect your jewelry and professionally clean it. If we discover any potential problems requiring attention, we will contact you for authorization to complete required maintenance. Since this may require extra time in our shop, we will provide an updated timeline for returning your jewelry back to you, and we will do it free of charge.
The above is just a summary. Click here for complete details.
- Average Retail Jeweler's Fees vs. Shane Co.
After you buy the ring, everything else is free. We can save you thousands on your engagement ring over it's lifetime.
- Services over 20 Years
- Expected # of occurrences
- Other Jewelers
- Shane Co.
- Replace Center Diamond
- Hopefully never
- Up to thousands
- Replace Side Diamonds
- Up to thousands
- 3 times
- Retipping Prongs
- 6 tips
- Rhodium Finish
- 4 times
- Shank Repair
- Solder Ring and Band
- Fixing Crooked Prongs
- Estimated Total Cost
- $715 up to thousands