The Media Buyer will be responsible for placing traditional and online media buys to support branding and customer acquisition goals. This position will coordinate campaigns through all phases of planning, launch, and maintenance, including negotiation of the media buy, contract review, creative trafficking, reporting and analysis, and optimization. The position will support the media buying team in planning and buying traditional media including radio, TV, outdoor, and print and non-traditional medium.
Essential Job Functions:
o Negotiate media buys (both traditional and digital) including contract review, as needed.
· Reporting, Analyzing, and Optimizing
o Monitor tracking, delivery, and campaign performance on an ongoing basis, and resolve any discrepancies with vendors.
o Provide performance analysis to ensure positive ROI.
o Communicate results and strategies to managers and executive team.
· Production Management
o Interface with internal marketing, product, and technical groups to support online marketing strategies and programs.
o Ensure trafficking requests are fulfilled. Includes providing technical specifications and traffic instructions.
· Knowledge of the unique nuances and structural characteristics of digital media campaigns.
· Knowledge of performance-based pricing structures, including CPM, CPL, CPA and CPC.
· Thorough understanding of online creative strategy development.
· Thorough understanding of social media platforms.
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong Media negotiation skills
· Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics to make decisions regarding campaign direction.
· Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes.
· Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent project-management and time-management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Excellent fiscal responsibility with assigned budgets.
· Advanced analytical and mathematical skills, including Microsoft Excel pivot tables and lookups.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
· 5+ years combined experience in traditional and online media planning / buying is required, including:
· Extensive experience purchasing and managing a variety of online media campaigns, including banners, emails, pops, contextual, PPC and ad networks, etc.
· Experience with media buying software (Tapscan and/or Strata preferred).
· Experience with online analytics (Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics preferred).
· Experience with digital campaign management and ad serving technologies or the principles thereof, including:
o Managing, optimizing and growing multiple direct response online media campaigns and partnerships.